Cynnal Cymru required a design refresh of their website, which is based upon the Drupal open source content management system.
The primary focus of the project was to improve the navigation and overall user experience of the website, allowing stakeholders to engage more effectively with Cynnal Cymru.
The project was an early phase of Cynnal Cymru’s digital strategy, and provided a foundation for continued development and evolution of their online presence.
Matcha Labs worked with closely with Cynnal Cymru’s Communication Team in a series of two week sprints. The use of an agile methodology encouraged regular communication and feedback, and by prioritising areas of highest business value and technical complexity in early sprints, we were able to mitigate the risk of a delayed launch.
The new website has a fresh, modern feel in keeping with Cynnal Cymru’s branding. Key areas of improvement included:
- Introduction of a hierarchical navigation menu and improved information architecture
- Homepage redesign and implementation of ‘featured content’ system, enabling Cynnal Cymru to promote key content through various content types and media
- User experience improvements, driven by improved page layouts and improved navigation systems
- Addition of Drupal administration functionality to provide an improved facility for searching and filtering users
- Improvements to the site’s support for bilingual content, helping ensure that all content across the site is fully available in both English and Welsh
- Giving prominence to the social aspects of the site (forums, Twitter, networks) to allow users to readily engage with Cynnal Cymru
We look forward to seeing Cynnal Cymru’s digital presence continue to expand and evolve.